GRADUATE POSITION - Mixed Practice Veterinarian
Located in Wangaratta, Victoria is our thriving mixed practice. We are lucky enough to be nestled between wine country, the snow fields and some of the best flora in the region. A short drive from the historic town of Beechworth and only a quick trip across the border to the busy city of Albury.
Our clinic is centrally located within the township with restaurants, supermarkets and entertainment venues all within an arm’s length.
At Warby Street we provide care for both large and small animals and have strong ties with the equine industry that exists within our region. We maintain a close working relationship with the RSPCA providing them with routine surgeries and shelter visits.
We have enjoyed success with long term retainment of our staff. We are a diverse team armed with an array of different skills and specialties - from a chook expert to a cattle connoisseur, a qualified groomer to puppy preschool educators.
We are currently seeking a graduate vet to join our ever-expanding team. We have extensive experience in mentoring new graduates and we pride ourselves on our ability to support vets through their transition into practice. We are committed to both our clients and patients ensuring the highest level of patient care and customer service.
Here’s what our most recent past graduate said about us “Warby Street provided a really supportive environment for me to develop as a new grad. I was given the freedom to grow my skills whilst always having someone to turn to for support. I never felt like I was on my own”.
Joining the team at Warby Street will grant you access to:
- A supportive Veterinary network including mentorship from senior vets
- Exposure to both small and large animal species
- A supportive Leadership team to guide the clinic consisting of the Director, Practice Manager, Senior Veterinarian and Head Nurse.
- A highly skilled team of nurses, 6 of which are rostered on daily to keep the clinic running smoothly and to assist you where needed (including in consults and on farm visits where required)
- Professional development opportunities
- Support in pursing your interests and personal development, facilitated by regular meetings and catch up sessions
- Lincoln Institute – Leading Edge non clinical training for all veterinary team members
- Practice VIN membership access
- A company car
- Lunch provided daily
- And most importantly, we offer a healthy work life balance with regular RDOs, later start times during weekday on call shifts, an extra day off after a weekend on call.
If you have any questions about the position (or are just wanting to have a chat!), please don’t hesitate to contact me; Dr Andrew Bett, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0428 141 359.
Warby Street Veterinary Hospital and
Wangaratta Equine Services
32 Warby Street
Wangaratta VIC 3677
Ph: (03) 5721 7177
CASUAL VET NURSE POSITION
Warby St Vets are looking for someone friendly, compassionate and enthusiastic with nursing experience to join our wonderful team on a casual basis.
Hours would range between 7.30am and 7.00pm Monday to Friday depending on the shift and would include the occasional Saturday. The number of shifts available each week could vary between 1 and 5 depending on your availability.
Please send through your resume or for further information please contact our Head Nurse, Crystelle on 5721 7177 or email email@example.com
To register your interest for work experience please email our Placement Co-ordinator, Lynne to firstname.lastname@example.org