Puppy Preschool Classes
Congratulations on your new puppy!! New puppies are a great addition to any family, meaning lots of cuddles and distractions. Your new puppy is looking to you to show him/her how to fit into your world. We look forward to sharing this journey with you.
THE AIM OF THE PROGRAM:
- To provide positive socialisation with dogs and people in a safe controlled environment.
- To help owners understand normal puppy behaviour, development and care.
- To help produce a well mannered, well behaved puppy.
- To make trips to the veterinary hospital more enjoyable for you, your dog and veterinary staff.
- To promote responsible pet ownership.
- To help develop a relationship between you and your pet based on mutual love, trust and understanding.
To be eligible to enrol in Puppy Pre-school your puppy needs to:
- Be between 8 – 12 weeks of age (older puppies may be admitted depending on their size and the size of other puppies in the class);
- Have up-to-date vaccination and worming programs (This does not mean a ‘complete’ vaccination program); and
- Be feeling happy and well!
COST $125 (including G.S.T) for five classes – and can be paid prior to attending or on the first night.
WHEN AND WHERE:
First class is the last week of the month WITHOUT PUPPIES on the Thursday, then the following 4 weeks on a Tuesday evening with puppies.
Time: 6.30pm -7.30pm
Location: WARBY ST VETERINARY HOSPITAL, 32 WARBY STREET, WANGARATTA
Lessons involve positive interactions with friendly dogs, training tips, handling techniques, games and problem solving (jumping up, chewing, inappropriate biting and mouthing, etc).
All training is held by Lynne Dal Zotto and Shannon Filipek using positive, reward based training methods. Lynne and Shannon are Qualified Nurses at Warby Street.
When arriving or leaving the puppy school please allow plenty of space between yourself, your pup, the next person and puppy. Be mindful of each dogs personal space and always ask if it’s ok to approach (some dogs may be shy or concerned).
What to wear:
Our first two classes will be inside Warby Street Veterinary Hospital in the reception area, but other classes will be outside. Dress comfortably, for the elements and wear closed in shoes.
Toilets are located inside the clinic, ask your instructor.
Young children are to be supervised and accompanied by an adult other than the trainer. Older children may observe but must be supervised at all times.